For some people, there’s nothing more beautiful than a mountain covered with white powdered snow. If this describes you, then we’re entering the most heavenly time of the year. Whether you love skiing, snowboarding or another winter sport, you may be considering or actively planning a winter getaway. But if you have a small living space it might be difficult keeping your gear close by. But if you store it, you want to make certain that your gear is in peak condition when you’re ready to hit the slopes. We’re in the storage business at Box&Co, and we want to give you some tips about storing winter gear.
Tips For Storing Skis
You want your skis to have a long life and you have to treat them with some TLC. According to Outside Magazine, your first step when storing skis is to wax them before putting them into storage. But you have to do it carefully. Make certain that you scrape the bottom of your skis to get rid of any old wax. If you’re putting them away at the end of the season, it’s a good idea to use two or three times more wax than you’d use for an in-season wax job.
- Skis should be handled carefully and strapped together when in storage.
Tips For Storing Snowboards
When storing snowboards, the website Winter Review recommends:
- Removing the bindings and wiping down the entire board with a wet rag.
- If your snowboards have grime that doesn’t go away easily, you might need a hot wax.
- When waxing, try to use a snowboard specific file.
- Be cautious about using a base cleaner or citrus solvent, which could dry out your base.
- Give your snowboard an exam before putting the board into storage.
- Consider relieving the tension on the bolts.
Box&Co Can Make Winter Storage Easy
If you’re storing gear for a winter excursion or for any other reason, Box&Co can make things incredibly easy for you. All you have to do is ask for storage containers, and we’ll deliver them to you. Then, you pack your items and when you’re ready, we’ll pick your stuff up and store them. We’ll return your items when they’re needed, and you can keep track of your stored items online. To learn more, contact us today.